Origin: Terra di Canossa, Italy
- Parmigiano Reggiano is known as the king of cheeses because of it’s distinct flavour, and it’s traditional artisan status in Italian cheese making history
- Rich, aromatic and deeply flavoursome
- Aged for 24 months
- We buy in huge 40kg wheels of Parmigiano Reggiano, which we then cut into potions at our warehouse in West Cork
- Grate or shave over pastas, meat dishes or salads.
- There is a cutting margin of about 5%
More on our Parmigiano Reggiano:
We buy our parmigiano directly from the Millanello dairy (no 257), which is a cooperative of local farms, situated exactly between Parma and Reggio Emelia. This area is known as the “Terra di Canossa”, and is the original place of parmesan production from the twelfth century. The rules and traditions of production for Parmigiano Reggiano have remained the same for 700 years. The cows are fed on pastures that are abundant in herbs and grass varieties, and which have been used for this purpose for centuries. Parmigiano Regianno is made from raw milk that has to be of the highest quality, or the cheese will “blow” in the ageing process.