Peanut Rayu by White Mausu is one of our most popular products. At the counter we often share ideas on how to use this delicious condiment. I asked Sam in the kitchen what he would do - this was his suggestion. Bart, our warehouse manager can testify that it is indeed a scrumptious snack!
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 1 hour (plus 15 mins to arrange)
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 200g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 2 red onions
- 4-7 vine tomatoes
- 1tbs coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbs of Peanut Rayu
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 2 thinly sliced scallions (or anything you fancy!)
- Heat oven to 180c
- Pierce skin of sweet potatoes, oil up and roast for 40-60 mins (time varies depending on size)
- Chop all the topping ingredients in to small dice
- Place on a parchment or foil lined baking tray
- Mix/rub in coconut oil, season
- Roast for 20-25 mins - placing in the oven that long before the sweet potatoes are done
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow cool for 5 mins while the topping ingredients finish off
- Slice in half and load each half with a heavy tbls of Peanut Rayu, stab with fork and mash to a mushy union.
- Season to taste.
- Remove toppings from oven.
- Decorate top of potato with toppings, spring onion and a scattering of parsley.