By former Head Chef of The Hopsack Deli and Kitchen, Nicky Halliday, 2008.
This colourful, mouthwatering dish has many nutritional benefits:
- It is high in fibre, good fats, antioxidants & anti-inflammatories.
- Tofu, almonds & eggs are all high in tryptophan, an essential amino acid, which can help lift your mood, reduce anxiety and aid sleep.
- The brown rice flour helps the tryptophan to be absorbed.
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and set aside.
Julienne the vegetables, pick the herb leaves and set aside.
1. Put the flour, egg, salt & turmeric in to a bowl.
2. Slowly add the coconut milk, whisking to avoid lumps.
3. Heat a small frying pan on medium-high heat and add the coconut oil.
4. Pour in enough of the batter in to thinly coat the bottom of the pan.
5. Flip the pancake after about 2-3 minutes.
6. Cook for a further minute, then slide out of the pan.
7. Set aside and repeat until all the batter is used up (appx. 8-10 pancakes).
1. Cut the tofu into 8 long pieces.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together, then roll the tofu in the flour mix to coat.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu on medium heat until crispy (appx. 5 mins) turning halfway through.
Add one piece of the crispy tofu, some vegetables and herbs to each pancake.
Roll and dip in the sauce… yum!!!