Recipe: Longevity Chia Pot
- 1. Blend all ingredients, apart from the chia seeds and the garnish at high speed until smooth
- 2. Stir in the chia seeds
- 3. Separate into individual bowls or pots
- 4. Leave in fridge for approx 15 min or overnight if preferred
- 5. Serve cold with extra blueberries, pistachios, and chopped strawberries for crunch and juiciness.
Health properties of this one amazing chia pot...
- Blueberries: Rich in anti-oxidants, particularly in polyphenols and flavonoids, highly potent compounds that scavange free-radicals and prevent them from doing the damage that may contribute to the signs of aging
- Beetroot powder: Highly concentrated source of nutrients including Iron, Folate, Magnesium and Vitamin C. Beetroot powder also contains a plant based source of nitrates which turn into nitric oxide and have a protective effect on the heart.
- Lecithin: An emulsifying agent that may assist in the reduction of cholesterol in the body and also contains a nervous system nutrient called phosphotydlserine.
- Chia seeds: A fantastic source of magnesium, calcium, omega 3 and dietary fibre plus many other essential nutrients. This tiny seed is one of natures powerhouses.
Recipe by @costa_cooks